Thursday, October 1

Field Notes



Who isn't crazy about Field Notes? Simple saddle-stitched notebooks with plain, ruled, or graph paper inside. It's the paperback version of those pricey Moleskin notebooks. I love the aesthetic of these, modeled on "the vanishing subgenre of agricultural memo books, ornate pocket ledgers and the simple, unassuming beauty of a well-crafted grocery list." Speaking of, here is a page from my grandmother's version of Field Notes, circa 1941-- I think it was a free notebook from an agricultural supply store. It includes an entry for "show and popcorn" as well as "bought boar from Henry." If you're thinking about what to get me for Christmas, THIS IS IT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love notebooks, I have tons of half-filled ones. I could probably fill up one of those, pretty quickly.

My pawpaw has log books full of every numerical event you could think of. Mileage, purchases, gifts, time spent eating dinner, dates, etc etc. Kinda scary.