Monday, March 24

Shara Hughes




Shara Hughes is a RISD graduate who works and paints in NYC. I love these domestic interiors-- romantic and full of context without being too specific. You can imagine this room as something you've seen before, a memory of a place you've been. And because there are no people, you can believe this is a place for you to be-- it seems waiting for you. Well, I like her work very much and love the art / illustration technique of mixing paper cut outs with paint, or adding a Jackson Pollack floor to a pink bathroom. And I see Hockney here too, one of my favorites. I really like these paintings.

2 comments:

© Shalom Schultz said...

These paintings are fun to look at. They remind me of dreams - half realism and half not.

/// said...

OMG fantastic paintings here!! :)