Thursday, January 31

Urban Offerings


What's going on over at Urban Outfitters. A new series of pillows by Julia Rothman, a line of wall hangings from artists like Ivy Hinkle... This is an example of mass market offering something limited, something specialized, something distinct. I love this trend, not only in Urban, but in its sister company Anthropologie and other stores like it. Secondly, they've carried this $480 couch for a year now and I find myself thinking it's pretty OK-- could work in the basement "kid room" for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought that sofa with the free shipping deal they had (it took 4 weeks AND I had to go pick it up at the warehouse). It is very simple and cozy, perfect for our basement. Firm cushions, looks sharp, maybe a tiny bit rickety...

Modern Craft said...

Thanks! I'm glad to hear from someone who has this sofa.